M absolutely loves bath time and it’s something we try to maintain in her daily routine wherever we are, both at home or when we are travelling. Like so many babies it seems to magically calm her down at the end of a long day. So no matter if it is at home in the bath with all her favourite rubber ducks, in a little tub on our balcony in Dubai on the 22nd floor, or a quick refreshing shower after a long day exploring a new city, as long as there is water involved M is happy girl.
Here are some of our favourite things we use for our daily routine:
- I am very picky about what goes on Matilda’s super soft baby skin and we only used a drop or two of natural almond oil from the pharmacy in her bath for the first year of her life. For her first birthday I got her the the Hair & Body Wash from Alma, a young Austrian brand that produces natural and organic baby care by hand in Vienna. And I love the texture and subtle smell so much, I secretly started using it myself too.
- A super soft Bath Towel – we love this one so much we have one both in our homes in Salzburg and Dubai.
- M looooves her bath toys and our bathroom is full with an eclectic collection from all over the world. A few favourites are the little duck which is made out of natural rubber. Another Favourite is this little pink boat that was a present from her Aunty Clari and travels with us wherever we go. And I also works perfectly as a teething toy when Sophie Le Giraffe is not in reach.
- Her Hair Brush – funnily one of the first things I bought after I found out at I was pregnant – we have used everyday ever since she was born.
- At night M dreams away in her Stokke Sleepi crib, which has grown with her starting from the Mini Version as a newborn and which she will be able to use for many more years to come. The soft linen and padded bumper make it a really cosy place to peacefully dream in. I am still so happy we chose this cot for her, the adaptable design works so well for us, because of its wheels it’s easily movable from room to room and the oval shape is inspired by the early feeling of still being in mama’s tummy. Of course it’s not a proper late night pyjama party without our favourite Petit Bateau jammies, who have cute, practical (hello middle of the night nappy changes…) and comfy designs and are our first choice when it comes to sleepwear. We fell in love with this little bear on our recent trip to Australia and it hasn’t left her side at night ever since.
*Thank you Stokke for gifting us the beautiful accessories for our Bath- and Bedtime